Outline of the event
- A remote healthcare system called “Portable Health Clinic (PHC)” was developed by Kyushu University (KU) and Grameen Communications (GC), Bangladesh in 2010 as a joint collaboration research.
- PHC is an online e-health service system that allows mobile health check-ups and tele-medicine services in remote rural areas. Currently, we are facing double burden of diseases; COVID-19 as infectious disease and non-infectious diseases (Diabetes, Hypertensions, etc) in an aging society in Asia.
- To solve these global issues, we aimed to utilize this PHC as a sustainable remote healthcare services in Bangladesh, India, Malaysia, Indonesia Thailand, and China (Figure 1).
- However, under the current circumstance of COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to travel to these countries.
- Thus, the purpose of this project was (1) to improve the PHC website to be more multi-language & academic platform, (2) to strengthen current PHC intro & training video & application, and (3) to strengthen our collaborative partnership by in order to remotely communicate, share, & disseminate information and knowledge with our PHC collaborative partners in Asia.
Outcomes of the event
- Stronger collaborative network in PHC research in Asia
- Improved PHC website, videos and application translated in 9 different languages in Japanese, English, Bengali, Hindi, Indonesian, Malaysian, Thai, Urdu, and Chinese.